Termination of Employment
There are five fair reasons for dismissal, as recognized under employment law as follows:
- a reason related to an employee’s conduct
- a reason related to an employee’s capability or qualifications for the role
- the redundancy of the employee
- that a statutory duty or restriction prevents the employment continuing
- some other substantial reason which justifies the dismissal of the employee.
We will work through a fair and structured process with you to effect a termination of employment in accordance with employment law, minimizing the risk of an employment tribunal claim. We will provide appropriate documentation, correspondence, advise on your record keeping and manage meetings for you as appropriate.
However, in the event that an employment tribunal claim is made against your business, we can provided assistance and support through our employment law solicitors to defend the claim as appropriate.